Attaching a file to an email in Windows Live Mail is very easy. Just follow these steps:
1) Start a new email as you normally would. Fill in the address(es) of your recipient(s), your subject and write your message.
2) Next, click on Attach File on the Insert tab of the ribbon.
3) A new window appears. You will need to navigate to the file you want to attach. The top bar shows you your current location. You can use the left column items to find your file.
4) Once you find the file you want to attach, click on it once (highlighting it). Its name will appear below and you can then click Open.
5) Your email will now appear showing the attached file name and size.
6) If you made a mistake and attached the wrong file or if it's too large to send via email, you can right-click on the file name (where it's circled in the picture above) and then choose REMOVE from the menu. On the other hand, if you're satisfied, click Send!