Let’s talk about two more iPhone features you should know. (If you’re an Android phone user, fear not, my next post will be about two more Android features.) 😀 In case you missed my first post on iPhone features you should know, you can read it HERE.
Like many of our computing devices, there are features in an iPhone that we never know about or use so infrequently that we forget about them. Let me introduce you to (or remind you of) two more of them in this post.
Hide A Photo
Ever have a photo you want to keep but don’t want everyone else to see? Hiding a photo on the iPhone is easy! And if your phone has iOS14 or above, you can even hide the “Hidden” folder. Now, you might ask yourself, “Why would I want to hide a photo on my iPhone?” Here are a few reasons:
- You’re Christmas shopping for your spouse, you grabbed a screenshot of something they might want and you don’t want them to see it and spoil the surprise.
- You have a picture of someone and they hate how they look in it. You want to keep the photo but they will murder you if anyone else sees it!
- You’ve taken a picture of something personal like your driver’s license, etc. You want to keep it because you may need it but you don’t want anyone else to see it.
For the record, I’ve only ever hidden a photo for reasons #1 and #2.
How To Hide A Photo
Step #1: Open Photos and find the picture you want to hide. Oh, wait! Let’s make this easy. Just click on the photo below and watch the video that explains everything. (It’s less than 3 minutes long! Please remember to subscribe, like, share, and comment!)
Bonus: This same procedure works on iPadOS 16 and 17, also!
One of the coolest iPhone features is the Backtap. Almost everyone I talk to has no idea what this is. Read on and you’ll find out!
If you have an app that you’d like to open in a hurry, if Backtap is on, you can simply tap the back of the phone and open the app. There are two options available – the double tap and the triple tap. I use the triple tap to open my phone’s camera. Having the tap option is a great asset when I need to take a picture or a video in a hurry.
Let’s see what you need to do to set up the tapping of the back of your phone to perform some task.
- Open your phone’s Settings.
2) Scroll down until you find Accessibility.
3) Tap Accessibility and the following window appears. Scroll to find the TOUCH option and tap there.
4) Scroll down the new window which opens, then choose Back Tap.
5) When you tap on Back Tap, you’ll see this screen:
As you can see above, you have the 2-tap option and the 3-tap. I click on the 3-tap and get the following screen:
If you scroll, there are far more options than are shown in the picture above. Instead, I’m just going to tap Camera near the top. Then, I’ll tap “< Back Tap” at the top left of the screen. When I do, this is what I see:
I could set something up for 2 taps if I wanted. (However, for myself, I normally just have the camera.) Otherwise, I just close Settings and move on to the next task! You really need to give this a try!